The unfolding massive winter storm bedeviling much of the U.S. has prompted truck travel restrictions on the Ohio Turnpike.
The Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission has placed a Weather Event Travel Restriction into effect from 6 a.m. today, Dec. 23, to 8 a.m. Dec. 25.
Restricted from the turnpike are:
- Commercial trucks towing an empty single 53-foot trailer
- All mobile homes, office trailers, and livestock trailers
- All long combination vehicle (LCV) double-trailer combinations exceeding 90 feet in length
- All LCV triple trailer combinations
- All high-profile tow-behind trailers, campers, boats, and enclosed trailers (excludes fifth-wheel trailers)
The Ohio Turnpike remains open to other traffic.
The commission said the Weather Event Travel Restriction may be expanded or reduced as conditions warrant.
Truck travel bans are also in place in